I've always thought that blogging was a cool idea, but I figured I'd never be able to personally get into it. Lately, though, I have just felt like there is so much happening, and so much to say! That is why I am about to try my hand at it. No guarantees that I'll have anything earth-shattering to say, but I'm just going to write from the heart, speak my mind, and see what happens.
I'm a 21.75 year old girl. :) I'll be 22 in April. I am studying Instrumental Music Education in Ohio, and I start my student teaching experience in 2 weeks. Basically, I am certain, beyond a shadow of a doubt that teaching is what I am called to do. It's one of those things that, when I'm doing it, it's not a job. It's just wonderful.
I reside in Ohio currently, but my heart belongs to a little town in the heart of Maine. If I start talking about my family, this blog will never end. I just love them. :)
Alright, so let's get down to a little blogging business. I guess this is the part where I attempt to say something profound, crazy-insightful, and life-changing.
If you're expecting that, you mighttt as well close out of this page right.... now.
Lately, I stumbled upon the quote that has challenged my thinking. It says this:
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
Pretty simple little saying, right? But think about it. How many times do we find an excuse for any part of this quote? Let's break it down into parts.
1) Do what you can.
2) With what you have.
3) Where you are.
In order for maximum impact, you must include all parts of the equation. Part 1+2 is ok... but is not reaching its full potential without 3. Likewise, 1+3 is a great start, but would be even better with 2. Many times I want to do what I can, but I make excuses in either part 2 or 3. Maybe where I am, whether it be emotionally, physically, or mentally doesn't quite meet my liking. Maybe what I have doesn't seem quite enough.
The fact of the matter is, God has placed me where I am, with what I have, with a plan in mind. And He wants me to do something about it. I am a college senior at this specific university, making the income I make, taking the classes that I take, living around the people that I live around for a reason. With the right attitude and some faith that God can use me in my given state, I can take this quote and blow it out of the water. Take full advantage and do what I can, with what I have, right here at school because this is the situation that I've been placed in. And it's for a purpose.
Apply all three parts of this beautiful little quote to your everyday life and see what happens. :)
1+2+3 makes a difference!
No comments:
Post a Comment