One of the absolute greatest blessings in my life, without a doubt, is my younger sister, Erin. She may only be 16 years old, but she is wise beyond her years and a huge encouragement in my life. We have sort of a silly relationship. Most of the time, we are communicating in funny voices or joking about the most random things. There are some times though, when we are able to lean on each other and pull each other through a hard time... and I feel like she does that way more for me than I do for her. She doesn't have to do what she does for me, but she does. She is always there for me.
Today was a hard day for me. Something happened where I was just feeling very confused and upset. I got blindsided about some information and just felt really hurt. Out of the blue, I got a text from her. She said she had heard what happened and just gave me the most encouragement that anyone could possibly give me. And she meant every word of it from the bottom of my heart. To know that my little sister was so confident in me and rooting for me and thinking of me from 1000 miles away was so amazing. I teared up as I read her words. It is amazing how heartfelt words can cut so deep and mean so much. She did not have to say what she did.
Just some snippets from her text...
"...Don't believe me? Let's see, you are a gorgeous, intelligent, sweet Christian girl that has a great life ahead of you. It's not often that all of those traits come in one package. Everything happens for a reason. It is just another bump in the road. Don't let it get you down. It is all part of the perfect plan God has for you."
Dear God,
Thank you for sisters. And in particular, thank you for my absolutely amazing sister. I thank you for blessing me with her. I thank you for the close relationship that we share. I thank you for allowing me to have her as my very best friend, and I pray that the status of that never changes. Help us to grow even closer as the years go on. Help me to never take her friendship and love for granted. Let me be at least half of the encouragement and support and friendship to her that she has been to me.
Amen.
^ Talk about gorgeous!


No comments:
Post a Comment